Material taken from IBMWR
mailing-list postings circa 1997-1998, plus private e-mails. Many
thanks to the contributors.
- Be creative -- stuff might be filed under alternate headings that
only make sense to an insane person like myself.
- These are plain-text ASCII files, in DOS format (i.e., carriage-return + linefeed at the ends of each line). New material is
added at the end of files, in Unix format (no carriage returns).
Periodically, I run a program to fix them up -- if you see
"glitches" at the end of a file, it's new stuff added since I ran
the program last. Use a word-processing program to fix it
or drop me a line and I'll run the fix-it program.
- If your browser won't display a file when you click on its name, try using the "File Save-As" command.
- If you see '=' (equals sign) characters at the ends of lines, that's caused by MIME (quoted-printable) encoding, which I haven't bothered to remove.
- Much vendor contact info has been collected on my Gear Page.
- The Acronyms & Abbreviations Page explains some of the confusing jargon.
- All e-mail addresses have been obfuscated to discourage spammers.
- Accident and theft reports.
- Alarm systems.
- CLASS (Pridmore) riding school.
- Cleaning, polishing advice. Includes many chemicals.
- Clothing and care thereof.
- Covers for bikes.
- Documentation (manuals).
- Exhaust and mufflers.
- General includes stuff I really couldn't figure out what to do with, and IBMWR list admin stuff.
- Helmets. Incl. selection and cleaning.
- Jokes and humorous (in my opinion!) stuff posted on the list.
- Lowering the bike (for vertically-challenged rider).
- Mods is a catch-all for just about anything you can add to your bike, if it's not covered by a more-specific category, and maybe even if it is.
- Oil and oil filters.
- Recalls and Dealer Issues, warranty, customer relations, and dealing with BMWNA.
- Police, tickets, litigating. (Radar is under "Electrical".)
- Reflective tape/Scotchlite.
- Riding technique. Includes body steering.
- Security. Theft stories. Locking ideas for bike & accessories.
- Sources for hard-to-find parts, etc. Very prone to have stuff that might fit another heading.
- Throttle lock (cruise control).
- Tires and wheels and wheel-balancing.
- Which bike to get? Includes K-vs-R and newbie advice.
Travel and Touring
I don't save too many of these -- people often have them on their own websites!
[up] to Motorcycles page.
If you use and/or like this page, let me know, and I'll put more
effort into maintaining it. At present, it's mostly for my own
reference. A search feature would be really useful, for example, but
I haven't gotten 'round to implementing that, yet. (I have an advantage:
I can run a "find" program on the files on my PC :-)
© 1997 Thomas Hundt
All writes reserved.